Details for President's House (Atlas Number 5143004115)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5143004115

Data

Marker Number 4115
Atlas Number 5143004115
Marker Title President's House
Index Entry President's House
Address 1500 Military Dr.
City Stephenville
County Erath
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 573926
UTM Northing 3564875
Subject Codes educational topics; houses, residential buildings; Mediterranean (architectural style)
Marker Year 1988
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location Tarleton State University campus, Hall of Presidents, corner of Doc Blanchard Blvd. and Military Drive
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text This home was built on the Tarleton State University campus in 1923 to serve as the residence of the college's chief executive officer. Originally called the Dean's Home, it was first occupied by the family of J. Thomas Davis, who is credited with designing the house. Exhibiting Mediterranean style influences, the home was built of native stone by local and student workers at a cost of $8,000. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1988