Details for Stephenville Church of 1900 (Atlas Number 5143005112)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5143005112

Data

Marker Number 5112
Atlas Number 5143005112
Marker Title Stephenville Church of 1900
Index Entry Stephenville Church of 1900
Address 525 E. Washington
City Stephenville
County Erath
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 575621
UTM Northing 3565353
Subject Codes churches; Presbyterian denomination; Gothic Revial (Architectural style)
Marker Year 1977
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location at Stephenville Historical Museum
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text The Rev. John William Everds led his Presbyterian congregation in raising funds to erect this church, 1899-1900. It was designed by local builder and church leader William John Wilson. Fishscale shingling decorates the steeple of this carpenter Gothic edifice, occupied by the Presbyterians until 1966. Threatened with demolition at its original site, it was moved in 1976 to the grounds of Stephenville Historical House Museum and restored by community effort. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1977