Details for William T. Miller Grist Mill (Atlas Number 5143005847)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5143005847

Data

Marker Number 5847
Atlas Number 5143005847
Marker Title William T. Miller Grist Mill
Index Entry Miller, William T., Grist Mill
Address 120 S. Park St.
City Dublin
County Erath
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 561936
UTM Northing 3550052
Subject Codes mills - textile, fiber, gristmills, cotton gins; institutional buildings
Marker Year 1975
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location At Wm. Wright Historical Park
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text Stonemasons Joe E. Bishop, "Rocky" Davis, and "Old Frank" Hamilton built this 2-story native stone mill for William T. Miller (1846-1936) in 1882. Steam power was used to grind grain here until a crude oil engine was installed (1918). The grist mill was converted to feed production after W. M. Wright and his son-in-law, Ted C. Robbins, purchased it in 1926. In 1974 Robbins and his wife gave the structure to the Dublin Historical Society as a museum for W. M. Wright Historical Park. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1975