Details for Ladonia Presbyterian Church Building (Atlas Number 5147011876)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5147011876

Data

Marker Number 11876
Atlas Number 5147011876
Marker Title Ladonia Presbyterian Church Building
Index Entry Ladonia Presbyterian Church Building
Address 201 Paris St.
City Ladonia
County Fannin
UTM Zone 15
UTM Easting 226073
UTM Northing 3702435
Subject Codes Presbyterian denomination; churches
Marker Year 1997
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location Church and Paris
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text The Ladonia Presbyterian Church, U. S. A., originally organized in the mid-19th century, erected this structure between 1910 and 1912. The building contract was awarded to W. H. Markley of Commerce for $6,400. An excellent example of 20th century mission revival style adapted to an ecclesiastical mode, the structure exhibits fine detailing and proportions with a simplicity of form. The congregation was dissolved by 1976. The character defining central parapet was reconstructed in 1997. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1997