Details for Fort Bend County Courthouse (Atlas Number 5157008994)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5157008994

Data

Marker Number 8994
Atlas Number 5157008994
Marker Title Fort Bend County Courthouse
Index Entry Fort Bend County Courthouse
Address 400 Jackson
City Richmond
County Fort Bend
UTM Zone 15
UTM Easting 231953
UTM Northing 3276123
Subject Codes courthouses; Classical Revival (architectural style); design and construction
Marker Year 1980
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location between 4th & 5th Sts.
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text This classical revival building is the fifth courthouse for Fort Bend County, which was organized in 1837. The structure was designed by C. H. Page of Austin and dedicated in 1909. The contractor was the Texas Building Company, also of Austin. Exterior styling features a dome, statue, and cornices of copper. The interior has a 3-story rotunda, mosaic tile floors, and green glazed tile wainscoting. Additions were made to the courthouse in 1935 and 1957. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1980