||Log room and loft were built by German emigrant Gerhard Rorig as his home in first winter of Fredericksburg's existence, 1846-47. Noted cabinetmaker Johann Martin Loeffler added typical rock and half-timber rooms and cooking fireplace, 1867; his son-in-law, J. Charles Weber, in 1905 restored the southeast lean-to.
For Loeffler-Weber family, this was home or Sunday House for 90 years.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1971
Incise near base:
Restored 1964 by Mr. and Mrs. george A. Hill, III
Consultant: Albert Keidel, Architectural Designer