Details for Dean-Keener-Crim House (Atlas Number 5183009943)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5183009943

Data

Marker Number 9943
Atlas Number 5183009943
Marker Title Dean-Keener-Crim House
Index Entry Dean-Keener-Crim House
Address 101 E. Lantrip St.
City Kilgore
County Gregg
UTM Zone 15
UTM Easting 323810
UTM Northing 3585216
Subject Codes houses, residential buildings; pioneers
Marker Year 1975
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text The one-story east wing of this house, considered the oldest still standing in Kilgore, was built by S. G. Dean about 1876. After buying the structure in 1881, L. J. Keener (1840-88) attached the two-story west wing. Wiley N. Crim (1865-1937) a cotton ginner and grocer, added porches and enclosed the well when he purchased the house in 1902. His family still owns and occupies it. Oil was discovered on this and nearby Crim property during the boom of the 1930s. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1975