Details for Old First National Bank of Navasota (Atlas Number 5185008576)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5185008576

Data

Marker Number 8576
Atlas Number 5185008576
Marker Title Old First National Bank of Navasota
Index Entry First National Bank of Navasota, Old
Address 107 W. Washington St.
City Navasota
County Grimes
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 779669
UTM Northing 3365066
Subject Codes grave sites; banks, bankers, banking topics; commercial buildings
Marker Year 1981
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location
Marker Size Medallion and Plate
Marker Text Local architect, contractor and stonemason James Davern and his brother-in-law C. C. Camp built this commercial edifice in the 1880s. Constructed of cement-covered stone rubble, it was remodeled with Renaissance Revival detailing in the 1890s, during the ownership of the First National Bank of Navasota. Occupied by the bank until 1952, it has also housed a hotel, offices, a telephone company, and a variety of stores. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1981