Details for Andrew Neill Church House (Atlas Number 5187000163)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5187000163

Data

Marker Number 163
Atlas Number 5187000163
Marker Title Andrew Neill Church House
Index Entry Church, Andrew Neill, House
Address
City Seguin
County Guadalupe
UTM Zone
UTM Easting
UTM Northing
Subject Codes educational buildings; Baptist denomination; design and construction; Presbyterian denomination; churches
Marker Year 1971
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location 700 block of East Court Street, Seguin.
Marker Size RTHL medallion and plate
Marker Text Built 1854; of Parks Concrete, invented by Dr. Joseph E. Parks, nationally-known chemist who moved here from Kentucky. Although erected by Baptists, who organized their church, 1851, house was known as Neill's, as he donated the site. Mrs. Neill, a member of the Joseph E. Parks family, was a Baptist. Neill, a civic leader, was a Presbyterian. His denomination also met here. After its term as church, structure has had commercial and residential usage.