Details for The Women's Club Rooms (Atlas Number 5187005455)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5187005455

Data

Marker Number 5455
Atlas Number 5187005455
Marker Title The Women's Club Rooms
Index Entry Women's Club Rooms, The
Address 432 River St.
City Seguin
County Guadalupe
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 600597
UTM Northing 3271921
Subject Codes buildings; Greek Revival (Architectural style); institutional buildings; women's clubs
Marker Year 1962
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location 432 River Street in Seguin
Marker Size Medallion and Plate
Marker Text Erected 1902-1903 by Women's Federated Clubs of Seguin. Known as the first structure in Texas built solely for women's clubs. To finance building (cost $500), women under leadership of Mrs. Joseph B. Dibrell held bazaars, theatricals, ice cream suppers. C. F. Blumberg was contractor. Present site (the fourth) was a gift of Mrs. Edgar Nolte, 1937. Utility areas were added to the two original rooms in 1949. Architecture is Greek revival.