Details for Presbyterian Church (Atlas Number 5193004113)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5193004113

Data

Marker Number 4113
Atlas Number 5193004113
Marker Title Presbyterian Church
Index Entry Presbyterian Church
Address 600 N. Rice Ave
City Hamilton
County Hamilton
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 583203
UTM Northing 3508473
Subject Codes ecclesiastical buildings; Presbyterian denomination; churches
Marker Year 1967
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location 600 North Rice Avenue (US 281 at Whitney)
Marker Size 18" x 28"
Marker Text Organized Sept. 5, 1880, by Rev. John A. McMurray, evangelist of Central Texas Presbytery. Its building of early 1880s was first frame church erected in Hamilton; used by other faiths on Sunday evenings for years. Charter members included W. T. Cropper, Mr. and Mrs. A. J. Foster, Mr. and Mrs. R. C. Howard, Andrew Miller and D. L. Reynolds. Other early members were Robt. Miller and Mrs. Tom Brunk, Mrs. Jane Roddy and Mrs. Mary Taylor. The church was moved intact from original site at 119 South College Avenue; was incorporated in this new structure, 1947. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, 1967