Details for Brandt Building (Atlas Number 5195000489)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5195000489

Data

Marker Number 489
Atlas Number 5195000489
Marker Title Brandt Building
Index Entry Brandt Building
Address 201 Main St.
City Spearman
County Hansford
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 302783
UTM Northing 4008479
Subject Codes commercial buildings; markets, merchantiles
Marker Year 1980
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text This frame commercial building with decorative sheet metal siding was constructed in 1918. D. E. Dillow built the structure for the mercantile partnership of P. M. Maize and his brother-in-law Fred Brandt (c. 1962). Originally, located in the nearby community of Hansford (6 miles west), then the county seat, it was moved to this site in 1920. Brandt became sole proprietor of the business nine years later and continued the operation until the 1950s. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1980.