Details for First Presbyterian Church of Quanah (Atlas Number 5197001845)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5197001845

Data

Marker Number 1845
Atlas Number 5197001845
Marker Title First Presbyterian Church of Quanah
Index Entry First Presbyterian Church of Quanah
Address 409 South Main Street
City Quanah
County Hardeman
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 431868
UTM Northing 3795214
Subject Codes Beaux Arts; eccesiastical buildings; Presbyterian denomination; churches
Marker Year 1994
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location 409 South Main Street, Suite 6 -Quanah
Marker Size Medallion and Plate
Marker Text This congregation was organized in 1892 at the home of Mrs. A. E. deGraffenried by the Rev. Jacobs and eight charter members. This beaux arts classical style church building, erected by Chillicothe contractor, R. Henry Stuckley in 1909, features stucco over frame construction, an inset entry under large columns, arched stained glass windows, and an elaborate stained glass dome. This structure is a symbol of the church's continuing service to the community. Recorded Texas Historical Landmark-1995