Details for Trinity Church of Quanah (Atlas Number 5197005558)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5197005558

Data

Marker Number 5558
Atlas Number 5197005558
Marker Title Trinity Church of Quanah
Index Entry Trinity Church of Quanah
Address 500 DuBose Street
City Quanah
County Hardeman
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 431595
UTM Northing 3795252
Subject Codes eccesiastical buildings; Episcopal denomination; Gothic Revial (Architectural style); churches
Marker Year 1976
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location 500 DuBose Street, Quanah
Marker Size Medallion and Plate
Marker Text The Rt. Rev. Alexander C. Garrett (1832-1924), first missionary bishop of northern Texas, preached to local Episcopalians in a schoolroom when he first visited Quanah in 1887. The property for this church building was donated in 1890 by G. M. Dodge, developer of the Fort Worth & Denver City Railroad. The frame Victorian Gothic structure was consecrated on December 21, 1913, during the Episcopacy of the Rt. Rev. Edward Arthur Temple (1867-1924), Bishop of North Texas. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark-1976