Details for Old Fish Hatchery Office Building (Atlas Number 5209010275)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5209010275

Data

Marker Number 10275
Atlas Number 5209010275
Marker Title Old Fish Hatchery Office Building
Index Entry Fish Hatchery Office Building
Address 206 C. M. Allen Pkwy.
City San Marcos
County Hays
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 602689
UTM Northing 3306525
Subject Codes buildings; farms; wildlife management
Marker Year 1982
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text This structure, erected 1894-95, originally served as the office building for the San Marcos National fish Hatchery, established in 1893 near the head of the San Marcos River. The facility closed in 1965 and the site was given to Southwest Texas State University. The building, which features unusually large brackets, then housed the main offices of the school's Aquatic Biological Center until it was moved to this site on the River Walkway. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1982