Details for Hill County Courthouse (Atlas Number 5217002481)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5217002481

Data

Marker Number 2481
Atlas Number 5217002481
Marker Title Hill County Courthouse
Index Entry Hill County Courthouse
Address
City Hillsboro
County Hill
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 676584
UTM Northing 3543249
Subject Codes French Second Empire (architectural style); courthouses; design and construction
Marker Year 1964
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location Waco and Franklin, Courthouse Square, Hillsboro
Marker Size 16" x 12"
Marker Text The fourth courthouse for Hill County (organized in 1853) and the third one located in Hillsboro, this impressive landmark replaced a brick court building erected in 1874. Contractors Lovell, Miller and Hood of Brownsville built this rusticated limestone structure in 1890. Waco architect W. C. Dodson, who designed a number of public buildings, planned the modified French Second Empire styling. The three-story courthouse is topped by a seven-story clock tower. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1964