Details for First Presbyterian Church of Granbury (Atlas Number 5221001837)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5221001837

Data

Marker Number 1837
Atlas Number 5221001837
Marker Title First Presbyterian Church of Granbury
Index Entry First Presbyterian Church of Granbury
Address 309 W. Bridge St.
City Granbury
County Hood
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 613735
UTM Northing 3590129
Subject Codes eccesiastical buildings; Presbyterian denomination; Gothic Revial (Architectural style); churches
Marker Year 1974
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location
Marker Size 16" x 12"
Marker Text Presbyterians held services in this locality in the 1850's and organized this church in 1879, only a few years after Granbury was founded. Charter members included the Bowdens, Carmichaels, Doyles, Gastons, Greens, Kens, Lyles, Mrs. Eliza Nunn and Mrs. Hattie D. Peveler. The congregation built this sanctuary in 1895-96. Style is modified gothic, with 3-story belfry and steeple. A stained glass window was added in 1964.