Details for Haynes-Burns-Ewell Building (Atlas Number 5221002412)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5221002412

Data

Marker Number 2412
Atlas Number 5221002412
Marker Title Haynes-Burns-Ewell Building
Index Entry Haynes-Burns-Ewell Building
Address 106 E. Pearl St.
City Granbury
County Hood
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 613985
UTM Northing 3590191
Subject Codes post office; commercial buildings
Marker Year 1976
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location
Marker Size 16" x 12"
Marker Text Early site of the Granbury post office, this native stone structure was erected by James C. Haynes, postmaster from 1872 to 1874. He sold the edifice in 1878 to Thomas A. Burns, who served as postmaster until 1883. The property was then purchased by Thomas T. Ewell, a newspaperman who published an early history of Hood County. Offices, stores, and cafes occupied the building until 1975, when it was restored by Dick and Sunny Allen for Hood County Title Company.