Details for J.F. and J. Nutt Building (Atlas Number 5221002676)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5221002676

Data

Marker Number 2676
Atlas Number 5221002676
Marker Title J.F. and J. Nutt Building
Index Entry Nutt, J.F. and J., Building
Address 117 E. Bridge St.
City Granbury
County Hood
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 614034
UTM Northing 3590161
Subject Codes commercial buildings; inns, hotels, motels; markets, merchantiles
Marker Year 1970
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location
Marker Size 16" x 12"
Marker Text Erected for Jesse and Jacob Nutt, blind brothers who aided in establishing county seat at Granbury. Their first (1866) store had been a 16 by 12 log house with a wagon yard in the rear. This structure of hand-hewn Hood county stone was built in 1893 by local contractor Jim Warren. About 1919 Nutt Hotel--famed for dining room--moved in after "grocery" was remodeled. Building has been occupied by 3 generations of the Nutt Family.