Details for Wright-Henderson-Duncan House (Atlas Number 5221005913)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5221005913

Data

Marker Number 5913
Atlas Number 5221005913
Marker Title Wright-Henderson-Duncan House
Index Entry Wright-Henderson-Duncan House
Address Spring Street and SH 144, near FM 51, Granbury
City Granbury
County Hood
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 613220
UTM Northing 3589399
Subject Codes houses, residential buildings; sheriffs; pioneers
Marker Year 1978
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location Spring Street and SH 144, near FM 51, Granbury
Marker Size 16" x 12"
Marker Text The three principal owners of this home each served terms as sheriff of Hood county. A.J. Wright (1819-1889) began the limestone structure about 1873 as a one story dogtrot dwelling. James F. Henderson, who acquired the house in 1881, added the second floor and victorian galleries. Charles M. Duncan (1878-1957) and his wife Emma (Wade), owners for a long period in the 20th century, helped preserve the residence.