Details for Dr. William and Eunice Walker House (Atlas Number 5221012077)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5221012077

Data

Marker Number 12077
Atlas Number 5221012077
Marker Title Dr. William and Eunice Walker House
Index Entry Walker, Dr. William & Eunice, House
Address 315 W. Bridge St.
City Granbury
County Hood
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 613693
UTM Northing 3590191
Subject Codes houses, residential buildings; Victorian (architectural term); Eastlake; women
Marker Year 1998
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location
Marker Size 16" x 12"
Marker Text Known as "The Honeymoon Cottage," this house was built about 1895 for Dr. William and Eunice Fitzhugh Walker. An eye, ear, nose, and throat specialist, Dr. Walker also owned the Palace Drugstore in nearby Tolar. Built by local contractor E. J. Holderness, the Walker home is a fine example of a Victorian cottage with Eastlake detailing, including turned woodwork, fishscale shingles in the gables, and stained glass windows. The Walkers sold the home in 1897 to former Hood County Sheriff and State Representative B. W. Morris. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1998