||This hotel was built in 1910 by Mamie Cornellia Neyland Patten (1868-1936) and named for her daughters Belle and "Miss Jim". Mrs. Patten and her four children were active in Jasper civic and social activities. After her mother died, Miss Jim took over operations. The establishment was frequented by traveling salesmen and housed the local Western Union Telegraph Office from the 1930s until Miss Jim's death in 1974. The structure remains a well-preserved example of vernacular residential form typical of the period with modest classical revival ornamentation.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1998