Details for McFaddin-Ward House (Atlas Number 5245010542)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5245010542

Data

Marker Number 10542
Atlas Number 5245010542
Marker Title McFaddin-Ward House
Index Entry McFaddin-Ward House
Address 1906 McFaddin Ave.
City Beaumont
County Jefferson
UTM Zone 15
UTM Easting 392440
UTM Northing 3328792
Subject Codes houses, residential buildings; Classical Revival (architectural style); pioneers
Marker Year 1976
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location
Marker Size 16" x 12"
Marker Text This classical revival mansion was erected on the homestead of William McFaddin (1819-1897), who received land from the Republic of Texas for service at the 1836 Battle of San Jacinto. He later acquired more property and built a ranching empire. Architect Henry Conrad Mauer designed the house in 1906 for McFaddin's daughter, Di (Mrs. W. C.) Averill. Occupied (1907) by her brother, W. P. H. McFaddin (1856-1936), it is now owned by his daughter, Mamie (Mrs. Carroll E.) Ward. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1976