Details for First Presbyterian Church Building (Atlas Number 5253001826)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5253001826

Data

Marker Number 1826
Atlas Number 5253001826
Marker Title First Presbyterian Church Building
Index Entry First Presbyterian Church Building
Address 1300 Avenue K
City Anson
County Jones
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 415144
UTM Northing 3624879
Subject Codes ecclesiastical buildings; churches; Presbyterian denomination
Marker Year 1990
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text The Rev. Donald Frazier and nine charter members organized the First Presbyterian Church of Anson in 1882. This structure, the congregation's third sanctuary, was built in 1929. After membership declined in the 1970s, the congregation was dissolved in 1984. The building was donated to the city of Anson for use as a community museum. A simple vernacular structure, it features minimal brick detailing and stained glass windows. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark-1990.