Details for St. John's Methodist Church (Atlas Number 5253005046)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5253005046

Data

Marker Number 5046
Atlas Number 5253005046
Marker Title St. John's Methodist Church
Index Entry Saint John's Methodist Church
Address
City Stamford
County Jones
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 425168
UTM Northing 3645378
Subject Codes Methodist (Methodist Episcopal and United Methodist) denomination; eccesiastical buildings; churches
Marker Year 1964
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location Corner of Hamilton and Ferguson streets
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text Built 1910 in pastorate of Dr. Robert Goodrich, for congregation founded 1900 in Sledge Hall, under Rev. S. Gay. With 100' tower, long the tallest church between Dallas and El Paso. Served community of Old Stamford College (now McMurry). Has had 33 pastors up to 1964. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, 1964.