Details for Kendall County Courthouse (Atlas Number 5259002921)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5259002921

Data

Marker Number 2921
Atlas Number 5259002921
Marker Title Kendall County Courthouse
Index Entry Kendall County Courthouse
Address
City Boerne
County Kendall
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 526069
UTM Northing 3296105
Subject Codes courthouses
Marker Year 1970
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location San Antonio and Watts Streets, east of Main Street, Boerne
Marker Size 18" x 28"
Marker Text First and only courthouse in county. Erected 1869-1870, seven years after county organization. Many locally prominent men were associated with the structure. The first county judge, Joseph Graham, was appointed U.S. Consul to Argentina. The first sheriff, Capt. John Sansom, was a member of the U.S. Army, a Texas Ranger and Indian fighter. S. B. Patton, former Alabama legislator, was elected second county judge. Early records reveal cases for horse theft, cattle rustling, illegal sale of liquor, assault. An addition was built in 1909, and structure was remodeled, 1954. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark -- 1970