Details for Cleveland-Partlow House (Atlas Number 5291009649)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5291009649

Data

Marker Number 9649
Atlas Number 5291009649
Marker Title Cleveland-Partlow House
Index Entry Cleveland-Partlow House
Address 2131 Grand at San Jacinto
City Liberty
County Liberty
UTM Zone 15
UTM Easting 327142
UTM Northing 3327163
Subject Codes houses, residential buildings; Italianate; Greek Revival (Architectural style)
Marker Year 1962
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location
Marker Size 18" x 28"
Marker Text One of the oldest existing structures in Liberty, this home was built about 1860 by Judge Charles L. Cleveland. It was sold to Frederich F. Foscue in 1870, and William Samuel Partlow bought the property in 1886. Noted as an uncommon example of late Greek revival architecture in Texas, the house also exhibits some elements of the Italianate style. Also significant for its association with three prominent Liberty families, the house remained in the Partlow family until 1981, when it was given to the Texas State Library and Archives Commission. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1962