Details for Ford Street Commercial Row (Atlas Number 5299009439)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5299009439

Data

Marker Number 9439
Atlas Number 5299009439
Marker Title Ford Street Commercial Row
Index Entry Ford Street Commercial Row
Address
City Llano
County Llano
UTM Zone
UTM Easting
UTM Northing
Subject Codes houses, residential buildings; markets, merchantiles
Marker Year 1991
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location 702, 704, 706 Ford St.
Marker Size RTHL medallion
Marker Text These three attached structures are believed to have been built by John Goodman, a builder and stone mason who immigrated to Llano from Germany in 1878. They exhibit typical features of early 20th century commercial structures, including corbelled brickwork. Since 1904, the buff and red brick structures have housed a variety of businesses, including furniture stores, liquor stores, cafes, saloons, mercantiles, bakeries, a saddle shop, domino hall, feed store, and theater. In 1989 the buildings were adapted for use by the Llano County Library. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1992

Images

Ford Street Commercial Row (RTHL)
Ford Street Commercial Row (RTHL)