Details for Llano County Courthouse (Atlas Number 5299009446)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5299009446

Data

Marker Number 9446
Atlas Number 5299009446
Marker Title Llano County Courthouse
Index Entry Llano County Courthouse
Address Public Square
City Llano
County Llano
UTM Zone
UTM Easting
UTM Northing
Subject Codes courthouses
Marker Year 1980
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text Designed by Austin architect A. O. Watson, this building is the fourth courthouse for Llano County. Work on the structure began in 1892 and was completed one year later. The contractors were J. A. and G. H. Wilson of Sulphur Springs. The courthouse was later surrounded by an iron fence, but only the stone foundations remain. Exterior styling of the building features detailing of sandstone, marble, and granite. Fires damaged the interior in 1932 and 1952. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1980

Images

Llano County Courthouse (RTHL)
Llano County Courthouse (RTHL)