Details for Lusk House (Atlas Number 5309003148)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5309003148

Data

Marker Number 3148
Atlas Number 5309003148
Marker Title Lusk House
Index Entry Lusk House
Address 301 Jefferson St
City Waco
County McLennan
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 670938
UTM Northing 3497616
Subject Codes houses, residential buildings; Roman Catholic denomination
Marker Year 1965
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location 301 Jefferson (3rd & Jefferson), Waco
Marker Size Medallion and Plate
Marker Text This house was built in 1866 by Capt. R.W. Lusk. In 1885, his widow, Margaret Henry Lusk, married her brother-in-law, Dr. W. R. Clifton, a pioneer Waco businessman, who lived here until 1925, when the property was purchased by the Franciscan Fathers for a monastery.