Details for J. E. Millhollon Ranch House (Atlas Number 5317002674)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5317002674

Data

Marker Number 2674
Atlas Number 5317002674
Marker Title J. E. Millhollon Ranch House
Index Entry Millhollon, J. E. Ranch House
Address
City Stanton
County Martin
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 238048
UTM Northing 3559118
Subject Codes ranches/ranching; houses, residential buildings
Marker Year 1974
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location From Stanton, take US 80 about .5 mile East.
Marker Size Medallion and Plate
Marker Text About 1900, J. E. and Nettie (Bell) Millhollon trailed their cattle from Glasscock to Martin County, acquiring this homesite and 34 sections of land. Business and church leaders in Stanton, the couple had this house erected in 1907 by N. H. Hunt of Big Spring, who built many structures along the Texas & Pacific Railroad. The restoration, begun 1970 by Mr. and Mrs. Norman Wright, who bought the property in 1974. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, 1974