|| The first two sandstone rock rooms of the house probably were built for Thomas Lee, who owned the property from 1870 to 1875. The two-story cut sandstone portion was built in 1875 for Mrs. E. B. (Crosby) Taylor, an Irish immigrant and prominent rancher. From 1895 to 1993, the property was owned by the M. F. and Julia (Gamel) Carter Family, who built a frame addition in 1928 and enclosed the second story porch in the 1930s. The house is built in typical 19th century form, symmetrically arranged around a central hall. Segmentally arched windows and corbelled chimneys suggest Italianate influences.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark -1999