Details for All Saints Episcopal Church (Atlas Number 5331007937)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5331007937

Data

Marker Number 7937
Atlas Number 5331007937
Marker Title All Saints Episcopal Church
Index Entry All Saints Episcopal Church
Address 200 N. Travis Ave.
City Cameron
County Milam
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 693326
UTM Northing 3414976
Subject Codes churches; Episcopal denomination
Marker Year 1987
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location 1 block off US 190 on right-hand side of road
Marker Size RTHL medallion and plate
Marker Text Episcopal worship services were held in Cameron as early as 1860, though All Saints Episcopal Church was not organized as a mission until 1901. The Diocese of Texas purchased this property from A. J. and Jennie Dossett in 1906. This structure was completed in 1907 and consecrated by Bishop George H. Kinsolving on November 3. The one-story wooden church is built in a T-plan and features a protruding central entry tower and a rear palladian window over the altar. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1987