||Civil War veteran Daniel G. Davis, Sr. (1836-1927) built this structure in two stages in 1895 and 1896. The Sharp General Store, which Davis and his descendants operated here until 1985, was the area's largest mercantile facility and main outlet for local produce. It offered banking services, public scales, and a place for local citizens to socialize and enjoy water from a barrel on the porch. It is a fine example of late 19th century free-standing commercial architecture.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1995