Details for Sharp Presbyterian Church (Atlas Number 5331008003)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5331008003

Data

Marker Number 8003
Atlas Number 5331008003
Marker Title Sharp Presbyterian Church
Index Entry Sharp Presbyterian Church
Address 13054 N FM 487
City Buckholts
County Milam
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 672098
UTM Northing 3403723
Subject Codes churches
Marker Year 1988
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location FR 487 approx. 14 mi. west of Rockdale; from MCR 407, 4 mi. east on FR 487
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text This church traces its history to 1872, when the Mt. Herman Cumberland Presbyterian Church was founded. It was divided into the Davilla and Leachville congregations in 1893. The Leachville church was renamed Sharp in 1902, the same year this structure was built. The vernacular church building, exhibiting influences of the Italianate style of architecture, features a truncated tower, window hoods, and horizontal milled siding. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1988