Details for John Williams
Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5333002823
|On County Rd, SE of Mullin
|Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
|Williams Ranch Cemetery, from Mullin, take County Road SE about 4 miles.
|(February 6, 1804-August 4, 1871) One of the earliest permanent settlers of Brown and Mills counties, North Carolinian John Williams migrated to this area in 1855 and helped start the local cattle industry. Williams Ranch settlement grew up around his homestead, and Herd Pen Branch of Mullin Creek took its name from his roundup pens. Married to Annie Epley, he had five sons, William L., George W., John T., James D., David A., and one daughter, Elizabeth C., all pioneers of the community.