Details for Roaring Springs Depot (Atlas Number 5345004288)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5345004288

Data

Marker Number 4288
Atlas Number 5345004288
Marker Title Roaring Springs Depot
Index Entry Roaring Springs Depot
Address Broadway St.
City Roaring Springs
County Motley
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 328371
UTM Northing 3752443
Subject Codes railroad depots; railroads; Mission (Architectural style)
Marker Year 1977
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location End of Broadway Street, Roaring Springs
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text Under the leadership of Samuel Lazarus (1855-1926), the Quanah, Acme & Pacific Railroad contributed much to Motley County's economic development. One of the townsites along the line, Roaring Springs was platted in 1912, one year before the tracks reached this point. This brick mission revival style depot was completed within a year, and handled passenger and freight traffic until 1971. Roaring Springs' oldest structure, it was purchased by the city in 1972. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark-1977