|| The town of Garrison was founded in 1885. By about 1900 the Hotel Wiley, owned by Mrs. S. A. "Mattie" Wiley, was in full operation. The hotel was frequented by railroad and telephone workers, traveling salesmen and townspeople who enjoyed Mrs. Wiley's family style meals in the dining room. At one time the hotel had about 38 rooms including a two-story annex that later was removed. The structure is a fine example of an early 20th century railroad hotel, exhibiting Queen Anne style influences in its hipped roof, decorative spindle work in the lower cross gables, multilight dormer windows and wraparound porch.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1999