|| New York native George Francis Ingraham (1842-1920) settled in Nacogdoches in 1860. He married Martha Thompson Cooper in 1866 and became an attorney in 1873. Ingraham served as county judge, county treasurer, and state representative. He built this structure to house his legal offices in 1897. In 1922 the storefront was removed; 1997 renovations restored the edifice to its original appearance. The Ingraham Building has been witness to the history of Nacogdoches' main square for more than 100 years.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1998