|| Designed by U. S. Treasury Department architect James A. Wetmore, this building was erected in 1917-1918 and housed the main city post office until 1964. Sold to the city in 1973, it was the public library until 1997, when it became a tourist information center. Its central location on a prominent site in the center of the town square is somewhat unusual for buildings of this type. A good example of a simplified beaux arts / classical revival post office, the structure features brick construction, a symmetrical facade with central entry bay, classical Palladian-type windows, simplified cast stone base and entablature.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1999