||This congregation traces its history to the 1860s, when a Methodist congregation was formed in the community of Cross Roads (about 2 mi. S). After the railroad was built through Navarro County in 1887, the church and community moved to the new town of Frost on the rail line. The Methodist Church building was destroyed in a 1930 tornado which devastated the town. The congregation had this sanctuary constructed in 1931. Built in a symmetrical plan, it features classical details in its central hipped roof, pedimented gable, and flanking hipped pavilions.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1990