|| A native of Kentucky, Ewing Eric Dunn (1835-1917) came to Texas in 1850. He served as Navarro County deputy sheriff, 1854-1858, and joined the Confederate army during the Civil War. In 1866 he built the first portion of this frame house. Dunn was county sheriff from 1876 to 1884. S. M. Ransom, a grocer, enlarged the residence in 1890 and added the wraparound porch, fish scale shingling, and stained glass. Five generations of the Ransom family lived here.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1981