|| An excellent and elegant example of colonial revival design by an architect well-trained in detail and proportions, the home of rancher and banker Charles Jester and his wife Marion was completed in 1920. It was designed by Birch D. Easterwood (1885-1969), who was a favorite architect for major buildings on the Baylor University Campus including Pat Neff Hall.
The Jester home, sold to oilman Joe E. Butler and his wife Ora in 1932, displays several elements typical of Easterwood, such as the slate roof, wide woodwork under the roof line, and deep red brick. The Butlers owned the home until 1979.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1997