|| Mineral Wells voters approved a bond issue in 1913 to build a new high school, reflecting the community's growth during the first decades of the 20th century. Contractor J. S. Murphy completed the construction in 1914, and the class of 1915, with 24 students, was the first to graduate. Enrollment increased over the years, and the class of 1953 was the last to graduate before the new high school was built. This building, featuring Mission Revival style parapets and polychromatic brickwork along the roofline, served as a junior high and then an elementary school until 1973. Interior renovations for its new use as a community center began in 2001.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 2001