|| One of earliest large homes in southeast Texas. Built near site of present Coldspring, on Drury Magee survey, before 1828-- while this was part of Mexico.
Originally 2-story, house was of heart pine logs. It had an open hall, typical of the South.
Now owned by descendants of Henry O. and Julia Love, the 1870 purchasers. In 1928, Dr. R. B. Love moved structure to the Trinity bottom land. Later it was moved here from Lake Livingston site.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1970
Incise on base: Restored and preserved by S. Harry and James G. Bergman.