|| This home was built in 1900 by Albert Leroy "Roy" Sawyer (d. 1958) for his bride, Estella Marshall Sawyer (1882-1964). Sawyer was an investor in land, cotton gins, and local utilities. Mrs. Sawyer, known to her neighbors as "Miss Stella," came to Texas with her family from Mississippi. the large one-story frame residence features an extended front side bay, front boxed bay window, side bay window, and a wraparound porch with paired pillars on brick pedestals.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1987