Details for T-Anchor Ranch Headquarters (Atlas Number 5381005174)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5381005174

Data

Marker Number 5174
Atlas Number 5381005174
Marker Title T-Anchor Ranch Headquarters
Index Entry T-Anchor Ranch Headquarters
Address 4th Ave and SH 217
City Canyon
County Randall
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 230103
UTM Northing 3870394
Subject Codes ranches/ranching
Marker Year 1967
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location Located outside Panhandle Plains Museum (4th Avenue) on eastern grounds, Canyon.
Marker Size Medallion and Plate
Marker Text Built by Leigh R. Dyer, 1877, of logs cut from Palo Duro Canyon. Oldest surviving house in Texas Panhandle. Dyer did first Panhandle farming. Sold 1878, to Gunter, Summerfield and Munson. Became center of area ranching and development. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, 1967.