Details for Richardson-Lowe House (Atlas Number 5401011052)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5401011052

Data

Marker Number 11052
Atlas Number 5401011052
Marker Title Richardson-Lowe House
Index Entry Richardson-Lowe House
Address
City Lanevile
County Rusk
UTM Zone
UTM Easting
UTM Northing
Subject Codes houses, residential buildings; medical topics and health professionals
Marker Year 1976
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location Glenfawn Road off FM 225, 6 mi. SW of Laneville
Marker Size RTHL medallion and plate
Marker Text Constructed during the 1850s, this residence displays the classical facade and central hallway that are typical of the greek revival style. Handmade bricks for the foundation and fireplaces were fired at a kiln on the property. The structure was first occupied by the family of Dr. Peterson T. Richardson (1809-1870s), a pioneer physician and farmer. The house was purchased in 1919 by W.R. Lowe and restored in 1973 by his grandson, Joe W. Lowe, Jr. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1976