Details for Schleicher County Courthouse (Atlas Number 5413004406)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5413004406

Data

Marker Number 4406
Atlas Number 5413004406
Marker Title Schleicher County Courthouse
Index Entry Schleicher County Courthouse
Address US 190 & 277 intersection
City Eldorado
County Schleicher
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 346978
UTM Northing 3415111
Subject Codes courthouses
Marker Year 1991
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text Constructed in 1923-24, this courthouse replaced an earlier building on this site which burned in 1917. Designed by noted architect Henry T. Phelps of San Antonio, the 3-story Classical Revival structure features four half-round giant order Doric columns which support a large entablature. Native stone for the building was obtained from nearby quarries. The courthouse has been the site of numerous community events over the years. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1991