Details for Fort Worth Elks Lodge 124 (Atlas Number 5439002027)

Historical Marker — Atlas Number 5439002027

Data

Marker Number 2027
Atlas Number 5439002027
Marker Title Fort Worth Elks Lodge 124
Index Entry Fort Worth Elks Lodge 124
Address 512 W. 4th St.
City Fort Worth
County Tarrant
UTM Zone 14
UTM Easting 655889
UTM Northing 3624975
Subject Codes fraternal organizations; Georgian Revial (Architectural style); design and construction; institutional buildings
Marker Year 1986
Designations Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
Marker Location 512 W. 4th St., Fort Worth
Marker Size Medallion & Plate
Marker Text Designed by Fort Worth architect Wyatt C. Hedrick (1888-1964) and built in 1927-28, this was the headquarters of the Fort Worth Elks Lodge and served as a residence for visiting Elks members until purchased by the Fort Worth Y.W.C.A. in January 1955. Featuring Georgian Revival style elements, the five-story structure on a raised basement is of steel construction with brick and cast stone veneer, metal balustrades, and shallow-relief detail. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark -1986.